The ultimate veggie dip platter, that’s perfect for sharing! Stacked high with super crispy pita chips & halloumi fries, served with a homemade sour cream & chive dip.
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase using these links, at no extra cost you. For more information, click here.
First up we have the pita chips.
Super crunchy & light, I’d describe these as a cross between a crisp & fried bread. We make these by cutting pita bread into triangles, deep frying them then seasoning with sea salt. If you didn’t want to use a deep fat fryer, you’d get good results using an air fryer or your oven. But for the crispiest pita chips, I’d go with a deep fat fryer or a pan of oil!
To season the pitas, I’ve gone with some Maldon sea salt but feel free to add more flavourings! Some zaatar would work well or for something spicier, add in some chilli flakes. Make sure to season them as soon as they’ve come out of the fryer as this will help the seasoning stick.
Fries are, in my opinion, the best way to serve halloumi. They’re insanely crispy & also, very quick & easy to make! Simply cut a block of halloumi into sticks, coat in flour then deep fry. Providing your oil is already hot, the whole process takes less than 10 minutes.
The coating for these fries, is made with a combination of plain flour & cornflour, flavoured with cayenne, smoked paprika & garlic granules. Like the pita chips, the flavourings for the halloumi fries can be changed to your personal preference.
Sour Cream & Chive Dip
No dip platter would be complete without a homemade dip! This sour cream & chive dip contains only 5 ingredients & takes a matter of minutes to make. Simply combine sour cream with mayonnaise, finely sliced chives, grated garlic & a squeeze of lemon juice. Easy as that!
I serve mine with extra chives & a drizzle of olive oil but that’s optional…
To Assemble & Serve
All parts of this platter can be made ahead of time apart from the halloumi fries which need to be served hot. To serve, spoon the dip into a ramekin in the centre of a plate then pile up the fries & chips around it. I’ve gone with some cucumber sticks & tomatoes to add a bit of freshness but other veg would also work. Peppers & celery would be a good shout!
Please note that these are affiliate links & I may make a small commission if you make a purchase using these links, at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
- Hummus, Roasted Chickpeas, Hazelnut Dukkah
- Pizza Oven Pittas
- Cheesy Polenta Fries
- Watermelon & Feta Salad
Sharing Veggie Dip Platter
- Deep Fat Fryer
- Baking Tray
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 6 Pita Breads
- Sea Salt To Season
- 1 Block Halloumi
- 30 g Plain Flour
- 15 g Cornflour
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Granules
Sour Cream & Chive Dip
- 150 g Sour Cream
- 75 g Mayonnaise
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Finely Sliced Chives
- ½ Cucumber Cut Into Sticks
- Fresh Tomatoes Cut In Half
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Finely Sliced Chives
- First the sour cream & chive dip.Place the sour cream & mayo into a small mixing bowl. Grate in the clove of garlic then add in the chives & lemon juice. Season with salt & pepper then set aside in the fridge until needed.150 g Sour Cream, 75 g Mayonnaise, 1 Clove Garlic, 2 tsp Lemon Juice, 1 tbsp Finely Sliced Chives
- Onto the pita chips.Preheat a deep fat fryer to 160°c.Cut the pita breads into triangles, you should get around 6 out of each pita.Deep fry for 4-5 minutes or until crispy & golden brown, turning the pitas over every minute or so. Depending on the size of your fryer, you'll have to do this in 3-4 batches.Once each batch is cooked, leave to drain for a minute then transfer to a large mixing bowl & season with sea salt. Place the chips onto a baking tray & leave to cool completely.6 Pita Breads
- Halloumi Fries.Heat a deep fat fryer to 180°c.In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, cayenne, paprika & garlic granules.Cut the block of halloumi into fries, toss in the flour then fry immediately until crispy. This will take 4-5 minutes. Once cooked, season with sea salt.30 g Plain Flour, 15 g Cornflour, 1 tsp Smoked Paprika, ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper, ¼ tsp Garlic Granules, 1 Block Halloumi
- To Serve.Spoon the dip into a ramekin & top with some extra chives & a drizzle of olive oil. Place into the centre of a large plate then pile up the halloumi fries & pita chips around it. Fill in the gaps with your prepped veg then serve.½ Cucumber, Fresh Tomatoes, Olive Oil, 1 tsp Finely Sliced Chives