Our leftover turkey Caesar salad is a great way to use up Christmas leftovers! There’s crispy bacon, crunchy croutons & a punchy Caesar dressing.
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase using these links, at no extra cost you. For more information, click here.
In this recipe, we’re making a classic Caesar salad but replacing the chicken with leftover roasted turkey! There’s crispy lardons, crunchy bacon fat croutons, fresh lettuce, roasted turkey & shavings of parmesan, all coated in a punchy Caesar dressing.
This one’s a great way to use up any leftover roast turkey from your Christmas dinner – perfect for Boxing day!
For more festive recipes, take a look at our Christmas section! There’s a wide range of recipes, from all the parts of a classic Christmas dinner, to impressive starters & desserts and creative ways to use up leftovers…
What Goes In A Turkey Caesar Salad?
- Caesar Dressing
We’re making a quick & easy, classic Caesar dressing with mayo, garlic, anchovies, parmesan & lemon.
- Bacon Lardons
Super crispy bacon is vital for a Caesar salad! Either smoked or unsmoked bacon will work here.
Our croutons are flavoured with thyme & cooked in bacon fat!
- Leftover Roasted Turkey
Replacing chicken with roasted turkey makes this salad a great way to use up Christmas leftovers.
Either cos or little gem lettuce works best.
- Parmesan Shavings
Incorporating freshly shaved parmesan into our salad adds texture & is great for presentation.
How To Make A Leftover Turkey Caesar Salad
The full, printable recipe card for this salad can be found at the bottom of this post!
This Caesar dressing is incredibly easy to make! Simply add mayo, anchovies, garlic, parmesan & lemon into a food processor then blitz until smooth. Season the dressing with freshly cracked black pepper & a small amount of salt & it’s ready to use.
Leftover Roast Turkey
We’re swapping out the classic chicken in our Caesar salad for leftover roasted turkey (this salad is perfect for boxing day!). We’re serving the turkey cold so all we need to do to prepare it, is chop it into pieces.
Now onto the bacon lardons. These are best served as crispy as possible & the best way to do this, is by cooking them in a frying pan.
To make the lardons, first chop bacon rashers into lardons then cook in a frying pan (with a splash of oil) over a medium heat, until crispy, making sure to stir them regularly. Once cooked, transfer the lardons into a bowl & reserve the fat for when we cook the croutons.
Bacon Fat Croutons
For the croutons, I’ve used a classic white loaf but you could use sourdough, brioche or wholemeal bread if you’d prefer.
To make the croutons, cut the crusts off the slices of bread then tear (or cut) into chunky croutons. Sprinkle over some finely chopped thyme then drizzle over the reserved bacon fat from the lardons. Season with salt & pepper then bake the croutons until they are golden brown & crisp. Leave to cool, then serve.
Once all of the components are ready, our Caesar salad comes together in a matter of minutes!
To make the salad, first roughly chop up your lettuce then place into a large mixing bowl with the dressing, turkey, bacon, croutons & a handful of parmesan shavings.
Give the salad a good mix then spoon into bowls. Top each salad with a few parmesan shavings & a crack of black pepper then serve immediately.
Please note that these are affiliate links & I may make a small commission if you make a purchase using these links, at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
More Christmas Recipes To Try!
- Leftover Pigs In Blankets Mac & Cheese
- Christmas Gravy
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
- Cheesy Creamed Brussel Sprouts
- Goose Fat Roast Potatoes
- Sausage & Bacon Stuffing
- Turkey Stuffing Scotch Egg
- Cranberry & Orange Cured Salmon
- Brie & Cranberry Stuffed Dough Balls
- Classic Mince Pies
- Baileys Mince Pie Ice Cream
- Baileys Vanilla Rice Pudding
If you have enjoyed this leftover turkey Caesar salad recipe, it would mean a lot if you could leave a review & rating!
Leftover Turkey Caesar Salad
- Food Processor
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Frying Pan
- 240 g Mayonnaise
- 30 g Grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¾ tsp Anchovy Paste Or 2-3 Anchovies
- 3 Cloves Garlic Grated
- 8 Rashers Streaky Bacon Cut Into Lardons
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 Thick Slices White Bread
- ½ tsp Thyme Leaves Finely Chopped
- 4 Heads Cos/Little Gem Lettuces Washed In Cold Water
- 400 g Leftover Roast Turkey Cold
- Parmesan For Shaving
- Place the mayonnaise into a food processor then add in the parmesan, lemon juice, anchovy paste & grated garlic.
- Blitz until smooth then taste to check the seasoning, adding salt & pepper as needed.
- Transfer the dressing to a bowl then refrigerate until needed.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat & pour in the veg oil. Once hot, add in the bacon then cook until crispy, stirring regularly. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Once the lardons are cooked, transfer them into a bowl without the fat & set aside. Reserve the fat for the croutons.
- Preheat an oven to 180°c/160°c fan (356°f/320°f).
- Cut the crusts off the bread then cut/tear into chunky croutons.
- Place onto a baking tray then drizzle over the reserved bacon fat & sprinkle on the chopped thyme. Season with salt & pepper then bake for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown & crisp. Make sure to shake the tray halfway through.
- Once cooked, remove the croutons from the oven & leave to cool completely before using.
- Trim the bottom off each lettuce then roughly chop & place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the lardons, croutons, a handful of parmesan shavings & all the dressing.
- Chop the leftover turkey into pieces then add into the mixing bowl.
- Give everything a good mix then transfer the salad into four bowls, making sure to distribute the meat & croutons evenly between each portion.
- Top each salad with a few parmesan shavings & a crack of black pepper then serve immediately.